Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) is a cosmetic procedure that enhances the size and shape of the buttocks to achieve a younger and perkier contour. Dr. Cara Downey is a leading board-certified plastic surgeon in Houston, Texas.
For the past decade, Dr. Downey has continuously performed hundreds of successful butt lift procedures to men and women all across the Greater Houston Area.
HOW MUCH DOES BBL COST?
A Brazilian Butt Lift procedure in Houston costs $8,000 – $12,000 on average. The final price for your surgery will depend on the amount of fat that needs to be harvested from various parts of the body (i.e. trunk, arms, thighs, etc.).
For an accurate quotation, schedule a consultation now at +1 713-496-2427.
WHAT IS A BRAZILIAN BUTT LIFT?
This procedure transfers fat harvested from areas of the body into the buttocks. Because the fat comes from your own body, it will integrate and plump up the buttocks naturally over time.
During surgery, liposuction removes fat from the chosen donor areas (namely the breasts, thighs, arms, or abdomen). The harvested fat is collected and separated to ensure only healthy cells are used for transfer. The fat is then reinjected into areas of the buttocks that require lift and reshaping.
In addition, butt implants can be utilized to further enhance the shape of the buttocks.
HOW IS THE PROCEDURE PERFORMED?
- Surgery Length
It typically takes 2 – 3 hours to complete a BBL surgery.
Brazilian Butt Lift is performed under general anesthesia to ensure maximum comfort during surgery.
Incision or grafting sites will be marked with a surgical pen before surgery.
All incisions will be closed with dissolvable stitches. Scarring is minimal and well hidden beneath your underwear or swimsuit.
I've been wanting to do botox and get my skin looking great for some time now. I was a little nervous, Dr. Downey had a great staff, and she was super patient and fed me enough information to calm m...
- Stephanie O.
I had such a great experience with Dr. Downey. I was referred by a friend. This was my third attempt at getting surgery on some trouble spots after significant weight loss. I didn't go in with h...
- Paul V.
It was very easy for me to make a consultation appointment. There was no pressure to sign up for surgery that day. Dr. Downey was very professional and friendly. She answered all my questions an...
- Brittany G.
I had breast augmentation on 12/2/14 and Dr. Downey and staff made the whole experience amazing. Since the surgery I have minimal scarring and I look and feel great! This was one of the best decis...
- Ashly T.
Dr. Cara Downey, thank you so much for the care you gave to me and the exceptional work you have done to my body! You are amazing. Because of you, dreams come true! You are the best! Thank you for ble...
- Andrea C.
I didn't think I would ever feel this great again. Now I can wear strapless dresses. My shirts no longer have the peep holes near the buttons. I'm just so pleased with the work Dr. Downey has done. Bu...
WHAT IS THE EXPECTED RECOVERY?
Butt Lift surgery is an outpatient procedure. You can find a quick timeline for the recovery period below:
24 Hours after Surgery
- You can return home after surgery, once cleared by your surgeon.
- A compression garment will be applied.
- Minor swelling and bruising may occur, but you may take topical or oral painkillers to keep them under control.
- Clean your sutures using prescribed antibacterial solutions.
1 – 3 Weeks after Surgery
- You can resume sleeping on your back after 1 week.
- Bruising and swelling are expected to subside between 2 – 3 weeks, after which you can resume sitting or putting pressure on your buttocks again.
- Full body baths can resume within 2 – 3 weeks.
3 Months after Surgery
- You can return to work after 4 weeks, once cleared by your physician.
- Scars are expected to heal in 4 – 6 weeks and will continue to fade in the months following surgery.
- Heavy lifting and strenuous exercise can resume within 1 – 2 months.
- Final results will eventually begin to settle and will manifest after 3 – 6 months.
Request Your Consultation
To learn more about brazilian butt lift (bbl), you can schedule an appointment online or you can call +1 713-496-2427