Thanks to improvements in medical technology, women now have access to state-of-the-art, non-invasive, and in-office vaginal restoration treatments. Geneveve by Viveve® is an FDA-compliant, non-surgical procedure that revitalizes the vaginal and urethral tissue walls.
Women who are seeking to correct vaginal laxity, enhance sensation, and undergo urinary incontinence treatment in Houston can meet with our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Cara Downey.
How much does a Geneveve Treatment cost?
Geneveve treatment cost in Houston often ranges from $2,000 – $3,000. Your final price will depend on your specific anatomy and goals. Because the treatment does not require any external costs, patients can simply book an appointment with Dr. Downey’s office.
Geneveve by Viveve® is a cosmetic treatment and therefore, not covered by insurance at this time.
What are its benefits?
Geneveve by Viveve® is a safe, fast, and non-surgical procedure that stimulates the healthy production of collagen inside the vagina. Below is a list of the many positive results of this treatment:
- Vaginal tightening, comparable to kegel exercises
- Restored sexual function and sensitivity
- Treatment for urinary incontinence
- Better bladder and urethra control
Are you qualified for this treatment?
Women will experience aesthetic and functional changes in the genital area due to aging, pregnancy, and hormonal changes. In addition, women who have given birth are at risk of developing urinary incontinence and vaginal laxity.
Other issues include that may make you an ideal candidate for this treatment are as follows:
- Loose vaginal and pelvic floor muscles
- Loss of sensation during sexual activity and intercourse
- An overactive bladder that leads to unexpected urinary leakage
- Urge incontinence and stress urinary incontinence
- A lowered sense of self-esteem and sexual confidence
How do you prepare for the Treatment?
Geneveve treatment is quick and painless, but there are certain things to keep in mind:
- Before your treatment, you will be asked to thoroughly wash the genital area
- Ensure that you are not currently on your period, as blood may interfere with the tightening process
How is the treatment performed?
Each treatment is expected to last only 30 minutes and does not require any downtime or recovery. Additional procedures may be required in rare cases, but studies are showing sustained results for more than 18 months so far. During the procedure, the treatment tip will be inserted into the vagina. The trained technician will then move the wand to provide gentle spurts of heat inside.
Geneveve by Viveve® utilizes Cryogen-cooled Monopolar Radiofrequency (CMRF). This stimulates the production of collagen inside the vagina. The treatment tip is a device designed to simultaneously heat and cool the vagina by using an algorithm that provides each unique patient with the exact temperature needed to facilitate the growth of collagen.
Geneveve vs. Competitors
- Why is radiofrequency (RF) technology the best?
Some vaginal rejuvenation machines utilize a CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) laser to induce collagen remodeling. While effective, the treatment can be painful and must be done with the aid of numbing agents. If the mucosa is damaged, it will lead to sloughing, bleeding of the tissues, and significant recovery/downtime.
Geneveve employs simultaneous pulses of heat and cold to ensure a pain-free rejuvenation process.
- Why is Geneveve superior to other RF treatments (ThermiVA and Femme360)?
What sets Geneveve apart from its competition is the cryogen cooling. It allows for the applicator to stay in contact with the tissues longer, administering a more powerful treatment that can penetrate deeper into the tissue – hence, more collagen remodeling.
The applicator does not “heat up” so “in and out” motions are not required unlike the other RF machines on the market. Because of the great power in just one treatment, additional treatments are seldom necessary compared to the three-treatment protocol required for other RF technologies.
- What makes Geneveve a better option for urinary incontinence compared to electrical stimulation?
Geneveve treatments restore and improve vaginal tissue laxity in addition to tightening the urethral walls to counter the uncontrolled urge to urinate. The heat and cooling system used by this treatment also acts as a sacral nerve stimulator, to better counter urinary incontinence. Better urinal control is seen after just a single treatment, as opposed to multiple treatments over several weeks for electrical stimulation.
What are the risks involved?
Dr. Downey will discuss the possible Geneveve treatment side-effects during your initial consultation.
- Slight discomfort may be experienced on probe insertion and removal
- There may be some pain due to the initial heat
- Minor discomfort may occur but should subside after a few hours
- Minor redness may occur over the treated areas
I've been wanting to do botox and get my skin looking great for some time now. I was a little nervous, Dr. Downey had a great staff, and she was super patient and fed me enough information to calm m...
- Stephanie O.
I had such a great experience with Dr. Downey. I was referred by a friend. This was my third attempt at getting surgery on some trouble spots after significant weight loss. I didn't go in with h...
- Paul V.
It was very easy for me to make a consultation appointment. There was no pressure to sign up for surgery that day. Dr. Downey was very professional and friendly. She answered all my questions an...
- Brittany G.
I had breast augmentation on 12/2/14 and Dr. Downey and staff made the whole experience amazing. Since the surgery I have minimal scarring and I look and feel great! This was one of the best decis...
- Ashly T.
Dr. Cara Downey, thank you so much for the care you gave to me and the exceptional work you have done to my body! You are amazing. Because of you, dreams come true! You are the best! Thank you for ble...
- Andrea C.
I didn't think I would ever feel this great again. Now I can wear strapless dresses. My shirts no longer have the peep holes near the buttons. I'm just so pleased with the work Dr. Downey has done. Bu...
What is the expected recovery?
After the treatment, Dr. Cara Downey will discuss recovery instructions with you. Please see below for the expected timeline of your recovery.
24 Hours After Treatment
- Geneveve by Viveve® is a non-surgical, out-patient procedure, so you may return home immediately.
- If any redness occurs, make sure not to further irritate it.
- Expect sluggish movement.
- You will begin to notice an immediate tightening of your vaginal and urethral muscles.
1-3 Weeks After Treatment
- You may resume sexual activity after 48 hours.
- Driving, chores, and light physical exercises may once again start after 2 – 3 days.
- You may resume pelvic floor exercises to supplement the Geneveve treatment.
- Tampon use may resume, upon Dr. Downey’s clearance.
3 Months After Treatment
- Your body will continue to produce more collagen, solving urinary incontinence and restoring full vaginal sensation.
- After 2 months, the final results will manifest. This will last a minimum of 18 months but is often a lifelong solution.
- Extra treatments may be required if the result is not what you desired.
Request Your Consultation
To learn more about geneveve by viveve treatment, you can schedule an appointment online or you can call +1 713-496-2427