Liposuction is a popular body contouring surgical procedure that reshapes the body by removing excess fat that is resistant to diet and exercise. With 15 years of experience in the field, Dr. Cara Downey is one of the leading female plastic surgeons in Houston, Texas. At Heights Plastic Surgery, she continuously crafts successful and life-changing results in countless men and women every year.
HOW MUCH DOES A LIPOSUCTION COST?
In Houston, the cost of liposuction starts at $3,000. The final price varies due to certain factors such as the size of the treatment area and miscellaneous expenses, including Operating Room (OR) fees.
You will receive an accurate breakdown of your procedure cost during your initial consultation. We accept cash, personal checks, and all major credit cards.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES?
- Tumescent Liposuction
A technique that involves injecting local anesthesia mixed with tumescent fluids into the target areas. The solution causes blood vessels to shrink, thereby preventing blood loss.
- Ultrasound-assisted Liposuction (UAL)
The deep penetration of the ultrasound allows Dr. Downey to remove deep pockets of fat. Trauma is also less than normal because liquid fat can be removed without the vigorous movements associated with the procedure.
- Laser-assisted Liposuction (LAL)
Lasers are an alternative to ultrasound for liquefying the fat. The heat generated by laser cannulas also tightens the skin, contouring the body at the same time. LAL is more effective at liquefying fat than UAL, but cannot penetrate as deeply.
- Power-assisted Liposuction (PAL)
Thick deposits of stubborn fat can be addressed with this technique. The vibration of power-assisted cannulas break down these fats and make aspiration easier.
HOW IS THE PROCEDURE PERFORMED?
- Surgery Length
Liposuction procedures take 1 – 3 hours to perform. The procedure itself can take longer to complete if combined with other Mommy Makeover procedures like Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift.
Anesthesia varies on the technique used and the comfort level of the patient. Local anesthesia with or without sedation is the most common choice, but large amounts of aspiration may require general anesthesia.
Dr. Downey will mark the appropriate entry sites with a surgical pen.
All entry sites will be covered with a medical bandage.
WHAT IS THE EXPECTED RECOVERY?
24 Hours After Surgery
- Depending on the depth of the treatment area, you may experience some pain that can be tolerated with prescription medication.
- You must wear a compression garment to ensure that the tightened skin will heal as required.
1 – 3 Weeks After Surgery
- You may have full-body showers after 1 – 2 days.
- You may return to work after 2 – 4 days.
- Normal daily activities such as chores and driving may resume after 1 week.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects and strenuous exercises for 2 weeks.
3 Months After Surgery
- The entry sites will close and become small white dots after 1 month.
- Results are considered final after 1 month, although slight improvement may continue to appear for up to 3 months.
Request Your Consultation
To learn more about liposuction, you can schedule an appointment online or you can call +1 713-496-2427