Offered at Our Houston Office By Dr. Downey
Deep wrinkles and fine lines seem inevitable and add age to your physical appearance. Thankfully, there’s a way to set back the clock. A facial dermal filler reduces the appearance of wrinkles and lines by filling them with a special gel. Here at Downey Plastic Surgery, we offer Radiesse, Belotero, Perlane, Restylane and Voluma as effective, FDA-approved fillers, with a long history of successful procedures. All of our dermal filler treatments are performed by Dr. Cara Downey.
What is a Dermal Filler?
Dermal fillers are a highly popular treatment option for wrinkles and facial lines. They aid the reduction of aging by filling out and smoothing away pestersome grooves, lines, and furrows.
Check all our FDA-approved fillers here:
- Restylane – a transparent gel that mimics’s the skin’s natural hydraulic acid. Because of that, it can easily blend into wrinkles and have a natural result. Apart from that, Restylane can also add or restore fullness to thin lips.
- Radiesse – a calcium-based volumizing dermal filler, provides long-lasting and natural results by immediately restoring lost volume and has many applications from cheeks to chin and pre jowls area to oral commissure (turn that frown upside down).
- Perlane and Voluma – are slightly less viscous dermal fillers for deeper injection of the cheek region for example.
- Belotero Balance – a uniquely pliable substance that can be injected into shallow fine lines such as laugh lines, lines around the lips and can help blend bags under the eyes.
- Sculptra – provides a semi-permanent result as it actually recruits collagen to be laid down in its place over time and is also great for filling deep areas of cheek and jowls.
Who is the Ideal Candidate for Dermal Filler Treatments?
People who have mild to moderately deep wrinkles can expect more dramatic results. Both men and women can use dermal fillers to treat their wrinkles and fine lines, but the patient should be at least 21 years of age. On top of that, those who are taking certain medications need to consult with their doctor before using fillers. If you have allergies, you need to tell the doctor what they are so complications can be prevented. Pregnant women and people over the age of 70 are best advised to seek other treatment options.
Do Filler Treatments Pose Any Risk of Complication?
Every cosmetic procedure has its risks; facial fillers are not an exception. In some patients, fillers can cause minor or even severe allergic reactions. Pimples, hives, and swelling are the most common symptoms of an allergic reaction, but they should clear up within a week or so. If the symptoms don’t clear up, however, it’s best to consult with a doctor. Scarring, although extremely rare, is possible. Another possible complication of using this filler is an infection- be sure to check and see whether proper sanitation is practiced at the clinic.
I’ve been wanting to do botox and get my skin looking great for some time now. I was a little nervous, Dr. Downey had a great staff, and she was super patient and fed me enough information to calm m…
– Stephanie O.
I had such a great experience with Dr. Downey. I was referred by a friend. This was my third attempt at getting surgery on some trouble spots after significant weight loss. I didn’t go in with h…
– Paul V.
It was very easy for me to make a consultation appointment. There was no pressure to sign up for surgery that day. Dr. Downey was very professional and friendly. She answered all my questions an…
– Brittany G.
I had breast augmentation on 12/2/14 and Dr. Downey and staff made the whole experience amazing. Since the surgery I have minimal scarring and I look and feel great! This was one of the best decis…
– Ashly T.
Dr. Cara Downey, thank you so much for the care you gave to me and the exceptional work you have done to my body! You are amazing. Because of you, dreams come true! You are the best! Thank you for ble…
– Andrea C.
I didn’t think I would ever feel this great again. Now I can wear strapless dresses. My shirts no longer have the peep holes near the buttons. I’m just so pleased with the work Dr. Downey has done. Bu…
View More Testimonials
What are the Side Effects of Facial Fillers?
There are a few side effects that can occur after using fillers. They include the following: pain at the injection site, mild swelling, pimples, redness, tenderness at the injection site, bruising and rashes. The side effects should clear up on their own, but if you still have them after a week, it’s best to get checked out by a doctor.
Schedule an Appointment
Request Your Consultation
To learn more about dermal fillers, you can schedule an appointment online or you can call +1 713-496-2427